PrestaShop is an immensely feature-rich, free, open-source e-commerce solution which you can use to run stores in the cloud or via self-hosting. It’s currently used by 250,000 shops worldwide and is available in 65 different languages. Although it takes a bit of work to get a store launched, I’m impressed with what the platform offers.
PrestaShop’s business model rests on selling services for commercial partners to its customer base, including optional add-on features and themes. This seems to allow it to offer a sophisticated e-commerce option for anyone interested in selling digital or physical goods online.
PrestaShop is fairly easy to use, provides a powerfully responsive store interface for shoppers, offers a comprehensive set of features, and it’s free.
The CMS (Content Management System) in PrestaShop allows you to create, delete and manage the pages of your Store and also their contents like static blocks, images, banners and many more features.
PrestaShop’s Key Features
PrestaShop has an impressive breadth of high-quality, powerful features.
- Cloud or Self-hosting: You can sign up in minutes for a free store in the PrestaShop cloud or you can download the open source PHP code and host it yourself.
- Templates: Similar to Envato’s ThemeForest, PrestaShop sells a variety of high-quality themes to professionally customize your store.
- Store Builder: With a WordPress-like dashboard, PrestaShop offers a feature-rich store construction interface, including detailed product listings, navigation and search.
- Shopping Cart: PrestaShop integrates with a variety of payment providers, major shipping carriers and tax rules.
- Mobile: PrestaShop’s responsive stores and checkout systems make it incredibly useful. Even its back-end dashboards are responsive for on-the-go management.
- eMarketing: PrestaShop provides built-in product and catalog SEO integration for optimizing your search placement, and it offers built-in coupons, promotions, email integration, etc.
- International: PrestaShop provides 65 language translations for your store including flexible currency and shipping rules based on location. It’s cloud administrative dashboard is available in eight languages: English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese, Polish, and Dutch.
- Integrations: PrestaShop offers a variety of themes and add-ons, premium support if you need it, and a directory of agency partners for hire. If you want help launching your store, it’s available.