Content writers are professional writers who produce engaging content for use online. They’re Internet-savvy individuals who create articles, blog posts, and other forms of written Web material.
Content writing is the process of planning, writing and editing web content, typically for digital marketing purposes. It can include writing blog posts and articles, scripts for videos and podcasts, as well as content for specific platforms, such as tweetstorms on Twitter or text posts on Reddit.
When most people hear “content writing”, they think “writing articles”.
However, writing content isn’t just important for blog posts.
In fact, content writing is important for all types of different content formats, including:
- Video scripts
- Email newsletters
- Keynote speeches
- Social media posts
- Podcast titles
- White papers
- Web page copy
- Landing pages
- YouTube video descriptions
Or put another way:
Writing is the foundation for pretty much any content that you publish.
Requirement for Content Writer
Job Role Description
- Excellent communication skills.
- High level of proficiency in the English language is a must.
- Candidates will have the ability to understand research and write original content for websites, corporate communications, blogs and articles.
- Experience and knowledge of SEO will an edge, however training in SEO techniques will be provided.